It is said that the test is the last line of defense for the production of the product, then the software test is the last comprehensive "disinfection" before the software is delivered.
I believe that many people, like me who have just come into contact with software testing are in a state of ignorance. Here I will introduce my preliminary understanding of software testing.
The idea of the test is to assume that the program has a defect and then execute the program to find the defect. The test of our pilot team is a black box test—that is, whether the test program meets the requirements according to the specifications without knowing the internal structure of the program.
We can think it from the following aspects:
1. Functional error or omission.
2. Interface can receive input and output correctly results.
3. Performance requirements.
4. Is there an initialization or termination error?
1. Functional test: we must check if the function of the software meets the requirements. Method: construct a reasonable input to see if there is a desired output. Boundary value method: test with the boundary value of the domain. For the boundary value method, I just ignored this method when I first touched the functional test. During the test, we observed whether the motor can run normally under the limit input.
For example, the reliability test of our servo products, verifying the synchronization, consistency, stability, anti-interference of the drive, simulates the operation mode of the customer's site, whether the test program will have an unpredictable crash, in order to achieve full detection of the servo function. .
We also conduct environmental tests to verify that the drive is functioning properly in a variety of environments.
2. Fault Tolerance Test: The above is based on reasonable input, then check the software's response under abnormal conditions. The fault-tolerant test is to ensure that the program does not have unpredictable faults. We can set some unreasonable parameters into the drive to see the system's response. On the other hand, this verifies whether the protection system is doing in time.
3. Performance and efficiency testing: we must test the speed of software response and resource utilization. Hardware and software are always inseparable and complementary.
The overload curve as shown below:
From the above figure, we can see that the overload capability of the servo products of the company is very large, and the actual tested figures are basically consistent with the theoretical values. It’s fully in line with software and hardware design concepts.
4. Test documentation: we must record test methods, test questions, descriptions of bugs and test steps should be accurate and detailed, it is best to have pictures and data presented.
Our company's servo products also have many advantages. For example, in the overcurrent protection, we can see that the overcurrent protection time is accurate to 6.25us, which is almost instantaneous shutdown protection in the event of overcurrent faults, and minimizing loss.
There is also a temperature rise diagram of the various components in the driver in the figure below. It can be seen that the temperature of the component rises to a certain value during operation to achieve stability.
The 100M Ethernet eye diagram test scans the signal frame by frame to see if it will touch the prohibited area of the eye. It is used to judge the success rate of communication. The test waveforms shown in the figure below show that the communication anti-interference ability we have made is still very powerful!
Since joining the software testing work, my biggest understanding of this work is to be careful, responsible, rigorous, patient, and consider comprehensively. We must do our utmost to make the last line of defense to ensure the safety and convenience of customers, peace of mind and peace of mind of customers.