With the development of modern industry, some high-precision control sites have increasingly higher requirements for servo control. However, due to the limitation of the mechanical transmission part, the traditional semi-closed-loop control method of the servo has gradually become difficult to meet the requirements for precision control.
In order to meet the market demand, VEICHI introduced a new improved algorithm of full closed-loop servo drive, which can effectively avoid the influence of the mechanical transmission part on the final control accuracy of the equipment. Since the introduction of fully closed-loop servo drives, it has been successfully applied in the market.
The feeding mechanism of the punching machine requires high precision for servo control, and the traditional semi-closed loop scheme is difficult to achieve high control performance. Recently, the application development team of VEICHI received a task to transform the feed mechanism of the drawer slide forming machine. After receiving the task, the Flextronics team quickly formulated a preliminary solution and carried out a feasibility analysis, and finally formulated a set of fully closed-loop solutions, which perfectly solved the problems of low accuracy and low efficiency of customer equipment.
Disadvantages of the old feeding mechanism
- For cost considerations, the customer's mechanical transmission part is driven by a chain and a gear reducer. Such a transmission mechanism will cause a large error, which directly leads to the failure of the product.
- The customer will automatically complete the error correction function in the PLC. Because the judgment and correction of errors require continuous collection errors and calculation compensation, it leads to a very low production efficiency of the entire system.
- Because the full-closed loop function is placed inside the PLC, the debugging of the entire system becomes very troublesome, there are many compensation parameters, and it is troublesome for the operator to operate.
Solution given by application development team of VEICHI
- The servo is replaced with the new fully closed-loop algorithm SD700 servo drive of VEICHI to complete the feeding control. All full-closed loop algorithms are completed by the servo drive, which not only improves the machining accuracy but also further improves the machining efficiency.
- The electronic control part uses a touch screen integrated machine to complete the control, further reducing costs for customers and increasing market competitiveness.
- Add multiple safety protection measures (servo judgment procedures, positioning jitter judgment procedures, etc.) to ensure the safety of operators and equipment as much as possible in the procedures.
Performance comparison between equipment after transformation and before modification
- The processing efficiency is increased by more than 50%, and the cutting speed of the guide rail of 10 cm has reached 50 pieces / min, far exceeding the previous processing speed.
- Due to the use of the full closed-loop function of the servo drive, the processing accuracy of the equipment reaches ± 0.01mm, which has improved by more than an order of magnitude compared to the previous ± 0.3mm.
- Compared with the touch screen and PLC of the old scheme, the cost of using the touch screen all-in-one solution is reduced by at least 30%.